The six traits of writing are what you usually use when you write. They are Ideas and Content, Organization, Voice, Word Choice, Sentence Fluency, and Conventions. These you usually use when you proofread your writing. If you say that you don’t and you ask your self questions to your self then you do.
Ideas and Content
When you use ideas and content you usually ask yourself is your paper is put together right like these questions:
- Does my paper make sense?
- Does my writing paint a picture in my reader’s mind?
- Do I have good details?
- Will this grad my reader’s interest?
- Do I have good paragraphs?
- Do I have enough details to express what I’m saying?
You use organization to make sure everything well put together. These might help you with your organization:
- Is everything in order?
- Does my paper flow?
- Do I have a good beginning and ending?
- Does my topic make sense?
- Does my paper have the correct sequence?
Voice is when your writing sound like it is something you would say not what someone else would say. In order for your voice to be heard you can’t copy anyone’s work that’s plagiarizing and illegal. You may use these questions:
- Is my paper interesting?
- Is this really my opinion?
- How will my readers feel?
- Is my paper in my own words?
- Do I feel like my readers heard my voice?
Word choice is very important especially if you use boring words such as:
Those types of words will bore your readers you can change them up like:
- fun to exciting
- happy to cheery
- sad to depressed
- mad to furious
- tired to weary
Sentence fluency is to see if your sentences flow together. The whole reason we even use it is so our story doesn’t sound like a kindergartener’s writing.
- Do I have enough sentences?
- Do my sentences sound choppy?
- Are any of my sentences redundant?
- Do my sentences make sense together?
- Do my sentences have correct punctuations?
Conventions are pretty much the little things but still important.
- Do have spaces everywhere there needs to be?
- Are the words spelled correctly?
- Is my writing understandable?
- Are punctuations correctly the way I want them?
Do I have a main idea